The house’s history
- The last 4 residents receive written notices by the real estate company PRIMUS Immobilien AG (PRIMUS real estate PLC), stating that their contracts will be terminated. It reads: „We inform you that we are terminating your rental agreement according to section 573 paragraph 2 N° 3 German Civil Code due to your obstruction of our adequate economic utilization of the premises.“
- PRIMUS Immobilien AG are presumably fully aware that regular tenants are still living in the house erected about 1890.
- Demolition and reconstruction works commence in August, despite the fact that the cancellation period for the rental agreements expire only in spring 2014.
- The tenants duly pay their rents according to the local rent index.
2012 – beginning of 2013
- The house is sold for the second time to chairos project development ltd. at a price of approximately 5 million Euros.
- The house is sold for the third time to PRIMUS Immobilien AG at a price of approximately 5.1 million Euros
- Due to a change in the sales department the prices for the appartments changed. See current list: http://www.primusimmobilien.de/fileadmin/Documents/13-08-27_lin142_Preisliste.pdf
(not available in English)
2009 – 2010
- The house is sold for the first time to the partnership Klaus Poklekowski, PEG Potsdam Babelsberg ltd, Henry Streckenbach, Christian Schantz, Astrid Schantz at aprice of approximately 1.2 million Euros.
- The house is being vacated by threatening action of eviction and by offering financial compensation.
- Extensive terrain clearance is reached.
- The ground floor is temporarily used by the gallery MMX Open Art Venue, founded by Jonathan Gröger, Rebecca Loyche, Philip Eggersglüß, and Daniel Wilson
- Preparation of the future sales strategy to upvalue the building through art. Sales brochures use the terms “the art of living” or “from artist’s workshop to living room”.
- Sales are taken over by BoB Immokonzept GmbH (BOB real estate concepts ltd), represented by Till Kalaehne and Tim Schultze. See other german link: http://auguststrasse-berlin-mitte.de/branding-strategie-von-immobilienbesitzern-linienstrasse-142
2001 – 2009
- Reassignment to the rightful owners takes about 8 years after successful lawsuits.
- Due to a mortgage for roof repair works, the owner can not hold on to his inheritance and has to sell it.
End of 2000
- The public utility housing enterprise Mitte does not issue any more rental contracts although there is a demand
- Vacancy is created for the first time.
- Roof repair works
- The tenant, who has been living in the building for the longest time, moves in.
1989, after the fall of the Berlin wall
- Forced administration by WBM (public utility housing enterprise Mitte), since ownership needs to be settled
- All apartments except for very few are being dwelled in.
- Former occupants gain regular rental contracts and can now dwell on legally.
- WBM (public utility housing enterprise Mitte) retrieves rents without paying for maintenance or repairs -> the deterioration of the house sets in.
- The rents are being continually raised according to rent index.
- The house was rewarded the Golden House Number – in its front yard area there were uniquely grand rose bushes amongst other features.
“The Golden House Number was a GDR award for house communities, who were extraordinarily efficient in the upkeep and design of their house and residential environment. It was awarded in some larger cities as part of a competition. The winners received a special number plate for their house.
- Erection of the building
About this blog
This is the private blog of the tenants of Linien 142 in Berlin Mitte – whoever acquires property in this building may displace human beings from their living environment of many years.
Gentrification is a term without emotions. It fails to get across what aggrieved parties undergo and how they feel about it. This private blog reports their experience.
Contact: linien142 (at) gmx (dot) de
The Linienst. 142 tenants report in this blog according in all their good conscience.
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.
The owner of this blog will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
The owner of this blog does not share personal information with third-parties nor does he/she store information collected. The owner is not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without permission.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.